University Knowledge Transfer
SMEs play a very important role in the EU economy. Boosting direct knowledge transfer from universities to SMEs can improve an SME’s business excellence and substantially contribute to EU competitiveness. SMEs have particular requirements from any intervention. The methods used need to be resource- and time-efficient and SMEs usually need to see a direct financial return on any investment. If these criteria are met, this classical open innovation approach can be successfully applied.
Understand the relevant factors influencing the direct knowledge transfer process (e.g. simplicity of methods, time efficiency of process, trust in facilitator) and find ways to refine them.
- Conduct knowledge transfer initiatives with SMEs in different contexts such as sectors or regions using different transfer process types (one-one, open courses, online methods etc.)
- Monitor the effectiveness of the transfer process and identify barriers to transfer
- Monitor the impact of transfer to SMEs performance (e.g. revenues, employment)
- If necessary, refine and optimize the transfer process
Guidelines especially for university teams, professional coaches, policy makers and SMEs on:
- how to engage successfully with SMEs
- how to transfer efficiently (non-) technical knowledge to SMEs
- what type of knowledge transfer process yields the highest impact in different contexts
- Company insights and actions yielding immediate success
- Access to best practices
- Refine business capabilities
“Excellent facilitation and a very robust process, executed quickly & efficiently.
Our new, concise project plans helped to develop our brand, cut out several of our unprofitable products and to find new customers – all of which have helped us to increase our business and our profits. Turnover has already risen by at least 20%........without needing to employ additional headcount
What a fantastic diagnostic tool – he very quickly highlighted some of the issues and mis-matches we experience, and gave us plenty of food for thought going forward
We were very impressed with how ‘lean’ the entire process was. Very little time taken up at the interview stage, relative to the highly insightful and ‘on the button’ conclusions...I recommend the approach to any (time-strapped) SME, you will be greatly rewarded.
These kinds of processes often end with ‘what you could / should do’; this one leaves you with ‘what you are going to do’ – clear actionable output with ‘buy in’. We have seen a clear tangible impact of the work already
Thanks once again for facilitating a truly inspirational set of strategy sessions! They were thoroughly engaging, absorbing and unprecedented in our business